GURU School of Wake / GURU WaterSports / GURU Trampboards
- Water Sport Schools
- Ski Boat Rental
- Wake Ski
GURU School of Wake is owned and operated by the legendary Mark Norwell.
Mark began teaching and competing in wakeboarding at its inception, winning 4 National titles, 2 World titles and finished in 1st place at Wake Games. He now has over 30 years of coaching and teaching experience.
Mark’s expertise and natural enthusiasm for water sports makes him an exceptional coach and innovator.
GURU School of Wake incorporates trampoline training, along with private training on the water, to allow you to get the most of your time on the water. Along with wakeboarding, GURU offers instruction in waterskiing, wakesurfing, wakeskating, kneeboarding and barefoot waterskiing.
GURU uses a top-of-the-line Super Air Nautique 210 wake boat and state of the art equipment from HO / Hyperlite to create the best all-around on the water experience.
They ride and ski on the beautiful Fox River in Mc Henry, Illinois, as it winds its way through the countryside. For riders looking for some action at a wake park, Quarry Wake Park is only 6 miles away. GURU will be offering private coaching there, as well.
Mark and the GURU School of Wake are sponsored by Hyperlite, Nautique Boats, Rockwell Time USA, Indo Board, and Replay XD.
- Boat(s) in Use:
- Super Air Nautique 210
- Available Gear:
- All Equipment will be supplied by Hyperlite Wake and HO Skis including Wakeboards, Wakeskates, Wakesurfboards, WakeSkis, Tubes, Lines, and Helmets
- Hours of Operation:
- Monday Through Friday
- Reservations Required:
- Only for large group
- Water Located On:
- Lower Fox River / Cary, Illinois
- Water Temperature:
- Spring 66-72F , Summer 75-80F
- Other Watercraft Traffic:
- Water Traffic Monday through Friday during Guru School of Wake hours is usually very light.
- Additional on-site activities, accommodations:
- Sand Beach, Beach Volleyball, Outdoor Tiki Bar and full service Restaurant.