- Water Sport Resorts
- Wake Ski
Wasa Lakeside is nestled between the Rocky Mountains and the Purcell Mountain Range, located on Highway 93/95 in the Kootenay River Valley between Skookumchuck and Fort Steele, 38 km northeast of Kimberley and 25 km north of Cranbrook. Wasa Lake was named by a Finnish settler after his native town of Vasa in Finland and is based around the small Wasa Lake. The village features most tourism amenities and is a growing recreational area. The area offers waterskiing, wakeboarding, camping, swimming, hiking, cycling, boating and nature viewing opportunities. There is an 8 kilometre wheelchair and bike accessible trail around the lakeshore and a 2.7 kilometre self-guided interpretation trail. The village has been a family vacation destination since the 1950's and advertises the warmest swimming lake in the Kootenays.
- Boat(s) in Use:
- Moomba Ski Boat
- Available Gear:
- Skis, Wakeboards, Kneeboards, Wakeskate boards, Wakesurf boards, Wetsuits (Rent Only)
- Hours of Operation:
- May - September (Summer Only)
- Reservations Required:
- Water Located On:
- Wasa Lake
- Water Temperature:
- Warmest Lake in the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
- Other Watercraft Traffic:
- Only busy on weekend afternoons. Nobody in AM.
- Additional on-site activities, accommodations:
- Cabin Rental - The Cabin, which is a duplex, can accommodate up to 8 guests. The Pine/Pine-Cone sleeps up to a maximum of 6 guests (2 adults; 2-4 children) and the Tamarack sleeps up to a maximum of 2 guests (2 adults). The Pine room has a queen bed, double bed and a sitting area overlooking the lake and the Pine Cone has two twin bunk style beds. The Tamarack room has a queen bed and a sitting area which overlooks the lake as well. Each room has its own private entrance, deck, and air-conditioner. There is also a private detached bath house, with two separate full bathrooms (one with a luxurious steam shower). All rooms are provided with bed linens and bathrooms with towels. We ask that you supply your own beach towels “or” resort beach towels can be provided with a deposit. Room Rental - The Rooms in the Main House sleep up to a maximum of 2 guests in three separate rooms. Each room has a queen bed, shared private entrance, shared bathroom and shared living room. The rooms are located in the walkout basement of the main house. These rooms have the option of a paleo breakfast in the morning at an additional cost which needs to be set up at time of booking.