University of Florida Wakeboard Club
- Water Sport Clubs
133 Regatta Dr.
- Slalom Course
The Gator Wakeboard Club won the 2003, 2006, and 2009 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS at the World Wakeboarding Association Collegiate Wakeboard National Championships. The club is designed to promote wakeboarding at the University of Florida, improve the skill level of its members, and increase collegiate level competition. Riders of all disciplines and skill levels are welcome to join. Practice is held twice a week on days and times provided by the staff at Lake Wauburg. Members may compete in tournaments throughout Florida and the Southeast, as well as Collegiate Nationals. UF's own competition, WakeFest, is hosted by the club every Spring and is a great way for new members to get involved in the club get a taste of collegiate competition.
- Boat(s) in Use:
- Axis A20
- Available Gear:
- Rope, handle, life vests, skis, wakeboards
- Hours of Operation:
- Thursday 10am - 12pm, Friday 10am - 1pm
- Reservations Required:
- Free membership available to all UF students with an interest in watersports. Contact club president to join the facebook group.
- Water Located On:
- Lake Wauburg
- Water Temperature:
- Summer 80s, Fall 70-80s, Winter 60s, Spring 60-70s
- Other Watercraft Traffic:
- Busy on Saturdays, Closed Sunday-Monday, Tuesday-Friday little to no traffic. (Private lake)
- Additional on-site activities, accommodations:
- Bathrooms, start dock, parking