- Water Sport Schools
- Water Sport Resorts
1 Kippewa Drive
- 1-800-KIPPEWA (1-800-547-7392)
- Alt. Phone:
Welcome to Camp Kippewa! We are an overnight girls summer camp in Maine on Lake Cobbosseecontee. Experience the finest in overnight summer camps for girls. Equestrian camp, art camp, drama camp, dance camp, sailing camp, tennis camp, waterski camp – all rolled into one!
Customized camping means that at Kippewa, you choose from a tremendous array of activities to create a weekly schedule just for you! Each girl has 6 individually scheduled activity blocks each day, allowing her to enjoy a full day of program covering all of her areas of interest. Evening is a time for campfires, bunk nights, theatrical productions, skit and talent nights, treasure hunts, special events and more, either for a particular cabin, age group, or the camp as a whole. Once a week, the whole camp comes together for trip day or a special activity.
Picturesque Lake Cobbosseecontee is the site of all our waterfront activities including sailing, waterskiing, windsurfing, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, and stand-up paddle-boarding. Our waterfront staff are certified lifeguards who hold further certifications in their specialty areas. The ten mile long lake is great for sailing and canoeing trips, and its protected coves are ideal for learning to waterski in calm, undisturbed water. Our waterski boats are equipped with teaching booms so beginners can experience the thrill of standing up on skis, or a wakeboard, the very first time. Red Cross swim instruction is taught in the protected area of our substantial dock system while canoeing, kayaking, and stand-up paddle-boarding classes enjoy exploring the local shores. We are fortunate to be located on such a big open lake, allowing for amazing sailing opportunities and our sailboats of all sizes cater to professional instruction for the beginner through the advanced sailor. Windsurfing is always challenging and popular as girls improve their balance and learn to control the sail. Our well-known bass fishing lake is the perfect spot for girls to try out fishing from our docks, and out on the open water.
- Boat(s) in Use:
- 4 Malibu ski boats, Pico and 420 sailboats, canoes, kayaks, stand-up paddle-boards, fishing equipment, chase boats and windsurfers.
- Available Gear:
- Hours of Operation:
- Reservations Required:
- Water Located On:
- Lake Cobbosseecontee
- Water Temperature:
- Other Watercraft Traffic:
- Additional on-site activities, accommodations:
- Tennis, gymnastics, archery, fencing, dance, music, piano, vocals, guitar, keyboards, ukeleles, hand-drums, equestrian, pottery, needlecrafts, knitting, textile arts, silk-screening, leathercraft, jewelry making, woodworking, stained glass, climbing wall, high & low ropes course, exploring nature trails, cooking, animal care, and more!